I thought I would post something about the X now that I have one maybe to help people decide on if they should pay out for it or keep with the S. I will try to keep it basic but any questions people have let me know.
• First of all the console itself, looks identical to the Xbox One S but finally it is now in black. It is heavier than the S but not a huge difference. Controller is nice but nothing stands out compared to the controllers already used however will be using my Elite Controller so this will just sit as a spare.
• Setup is exactly the same although I did like the little feature when downloading the update you could log onto a website and set your settings for your console. Although this wouldn’t of taken much time to do it was a nice touch that you could be actually doing something whilst waiting for it to update.
• When all done I was hoping when it booted up I would get the wow factor. This was not forthcoming but quickly worked out why. My console display settings were to 1080p. I am not sure if this is standard as would of thought the system would of automatically selected the best picture but when I selected 4K I held my breath and waited to accept the settings. All I can say from that point was WOW! The dashboard (home) looked crisp, text more clear and for me with poor eyesight I could read everything clearly instead of squinting to read. At this point I was thinking things were looking good. However the size of some of the downloads to run 4K makes the 1TB drive pointless. Surely a minimum would be 2GB. However for myself not an issue as have a 4tb hard drive but might be worth investing if you don’t have one before buying the X.
• Games Games Games, end of the day this is what we use the Xbox for isn’t it. So far only played a few laps on Forza 7 which is supposed to be the flagship game for the new console. It does not disappoint, quality images great graphics and runs smoothly. I am very impressed with how it has turned out. Honestly seeing Videos does not do it justice. I hope to play a few more games to try but really happy with the outcome.
• Overall it is a better console, it clearly is better graphics than what we have had. Although is it worth £450? If you have a 4K tv then it may be worth looking into as you will not be disappointed however if you don’t have one then keep with the S. To spend over a grand for a new tv and the console itself it is not worth it.
Inwould give it 4 out of 5 with the only thing not givIng it a full 5 is the price.