Welcome to Xbox Society

Xbox Society is an adults only gaming community.  We operate a casual, laid back approach because we appreciate that when you factor in family, work etc.. you might not get a lot of time on your beloved xbox and gaming hobby so the time you spend here needs to be hassle free and fun.

We have plenty of casual challenges and competitions, coupled with weekly gaming events and a friendly, vibrant community
Register
estronal210

No Man's Sky

KPDub

Was buggy as shit apparently on the PS4.  I was originally interested in it, but I've got Elite Dangerous which is similar and barely played

TheIronChimp

No mans sky is in a much better state than when the game launched on PS4.  I remember things werent as promised and there were issues but notvto the extent people talkedcabout. Got to say nothing affected my play through but  i think people just jumped on the band wagon slating the game even though they had never even played it.

This was a game that failed to launch literally my friends invested in it and said its a rip off pile of poo and said elite dangerous is a lot better!

UKCowboy74

Played a couple of hours when it Launched on PS4 and just got Bored so not touched it since 

o0 Bresy 0o

I enjoyed it but didnt have the time to invest in it . Might dust it and the ps4 off and give it another bash

cpc patrese

im playing it on ps4  apart from collecting blueprints and farming there isn't a lot to do    depends on the nxt update wether I keep playing it

spotcedrick

Quite excited to play this now it's coming to the Xbox.  Despite all the issues they had before.  Can't believe they would make the same mistakes now it's coming to the better console 😜

• Like 1

o0 Bresy 0o

But it's £45on xbox and £9 on Ps4. Is it a very different game to warrant such a price difference 

cpc patrese

no its the same game although it will look prettier on the one x       its 45 for xbox as its completely new  where as its 2 years old on the ps4

spotcedrick

14 hours ago, cpc patrese said:

no its the same game although it will look prettier on the one x       its 45 for xbox as its completely new  where as its 2 years old on the ps4

I thought it was £40, I gave in and pre-ordered it.  so if anyone is up for a game give me a shout.  I've not played it before so not sure how the multiplayer might work...

UKCowboy74

£35 on Amazon Don't know whether to pick it up or not as I already have it on the PS4 gathering dust cause I got bored with it pretty quickly when it first came out

estronal210

I'm probably going to rent a copy from Boomerang. It's already on my pipeline

o0 Bresy 0o

I actually did like the original but because it's on the PlayStation I don't play it much. Have been tempted by the pc version and still not sure which is best one to buy if any. Must get a look at the reviews on xbox one. Time is a big factor for this game from what I remember and that's one thing I no longer have these days haha

cpc patrese

its the same game  it is a huge time sink even more   the pc  version will add more due to the moddingcommunity

KPDub

I'm still not sure if I would find the time to play this, really interested in it though.  Remember being really giddy for it when it was first announced, then the low when it wasn't on xbox.

Have been put off by bug reports, which I hope have been dealt with for the Xbox release

JasonSchlueter

I'd like to think it's been in public beta for two years.  Maybe after the first Xbox patch it'll be worth checking out.  If there's a physical release, I'll buy that so I can sell it or pass it on if I don't care for the game.

o0 Bresy 0o

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllll I kinda went against all I was saying. Lot of hype around now about this and its almost Number one in some popularity charts. My fave twich streamers are all at it and before I knew It I was in steam seen I had £7 credit so spent £13 and bought no mans sky PC version . Ive yet to try it out and will be online tonight but Im in the alpha for Rapture rejects so might try and get some time on it tomorrow after work if I can 

JasonSchlueter

I saw the bug reports about losing save files and some other wonky things.  I think that once the first patch rolls around I'll have to give it a try.  I don't like to toss $50 around but, damn, it looks like a fun time.

JasonSchlueter

We had an electrical storm last night and I couldn't keep a stable connection to jump in a Project CARS 2 lobby so I picked up the game and put about two hours into it between last night and earlier today.  Lots of fun but a bunch of BS Minecraft-y crafting to make stuff.  I think I may restart the game in "Creative" mode to just explore.  It's quite beautiful on the X but cooks the Xbox on Quality mode (4k) so I recommend using Performance mode instead for the more stable framerate.  A bug fix patch is already in the oven so it'll be out shortly.

UKCowboy74

Oh well I used some of my Severance pay to buy a copy for the XB1 should be getting delivered today

JasonSchlueter

Patch 1.53 just got pushed to Xbox.  https://www.nomanssky.com/release-log/

This must be the most terrifying release note I've ever read (from v. 1.52.1)

"Fixed an issue where players would be jettisoned into space after warping aboard another player’s freighter"

Holy crap...