Welcome to Xbox Society

Xbox Society is an adults only gaming community.  We operate a casual, laid back approach because we appreciate that when you factor in family, work etc.. you might not get a lot of time on your beloved xbox and gaming hobby so the time you spend here needs to be hassle free and fun.

We have plenty of casual challenges and competitions, coupled with weekly gaming events and a friendly, vibrant community
Register
KPDub

Premier League Predictions 2018/19 Season

KPDub

So how do you think teams will get on this season?

For the Title

For me, will be between Liverpool and City. both play the best football in the league.  If we are honest, Citys second string is good enough to get CL football anyway, so they will be strong this season.  My team Liverpool have splashed the cash but finally have sorted out the problem areas.   I think these two could also go far in the CL too

Other CL Spots

Going to go for Arsenal and Chelsea.    Emery has made some good (if fairly unknown) signings this summer, but he's a good manager and I think we might see them play well this season.  I expect Chelsea to finish 3rd IF they keep Hazard.   Sarri has a good style of play and if those players at Chelsea get let off the leash, then they have a very good team.

Other Euro Spots

Spurs will just miss out of CL football.  I think Kane will miss a bit of the season, he is a briliant striker, but without him they don't have as great a goal threat.   United in behind them.   Mourinho will go before the end of the season, United have no playing identity anymore, but with the palyers they have they should be title contenders. 

Relegation

Cardiff a dead cert to go down.  Going to go for Watford and Brighton as the other two

estronal210

This is going to prove an interesting season. Looking forward to it

Champions

Assuming that they can keep the key players fit for the entire season, cannot see beyond Liverpool this time around. Aside from the painfully obvious, Klopp has bought the right players that will improve the team. While the squad is not the biggest or strong as some of the others, the players tend to know their jobs and roles within the set-up. If any team manages to finish above Liverpool then they will win the league

Champions League

Arsenal will finish in the top four this time. Emery's style of play is one thing, but from the moment that he walked in the door, he has done the recruiting that Wenger ignored for a decade. A solid CDM will probably be the key signing overall but a lot of experience and know-how has also joined the Gunners too. Many of the newcomers have leadership as well. However, not too impressed with the possible news that Ozil gets the armband.

Looking from the outside in, Chelsea seem to be in a bit of a mess. Both Hazard and Curtois look certain to leave, with Willian and Drinkwater also possibly on the way out as well. Talk of a potential takeover cannot help matters either. Having said that, last season wasn't that good for the Blues. The new manager will have his work cut out to prepare the team properly will all of this is going on. Chelsea may squeak into the CL spots with the current squad but 4th place might be harder without their better players.

Manchester City will also end up in the top 4, most likely as runners-up. Quite surprising that they have not signed 3000 players like they have tended to do over the last few seasons. Guardiola has nearly always prioritised the Champions League itself as well and this season will no doubt be no different. Possible Champions League buyers winners.

Europa League

This is going to be a lot tougher to call. Whichever of the CL usual suspects do not finish in the top four will finish in one of the Europa League places - perhaps even winning a domestic cup. One dark horse for a Europa League place could be West Ham. The Hammers have been among the busiest during this transfer window and have signalled something of an intent for the new season. Wilshire will flourish if he remains fit. Another possible contender for a Europa League place could be Portugal... erm, Wolves. Staying in the PL will be their main aim though.

Relegation

Cardiff will probably enjoy their single season in the top flight. Second Season syndrome will affect Huddersfield as well. The final candidate for the drop will be Brighton. Fulham have probably got the players they need to survive, but perhaps not by much. Like Wolves, they have the potential to surpass all expectations.

SILVER8Knight

Top spot I can only see Liverpool and Man City and the other as runner up.

Next 4 places will be contested by Man Utd (Id like to say they would be going for top 2 places), Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Everton may be contesting here.

I can see Wolves, West Ham and Fulham finishing mid table.

Relegation contenders, Cardiff (as of yet no signings made or not many) for sure, Burnley may get dragged into it if they progress in the Europa League, they could pull some transfers out of the bag in the next few days. Newcastle have made some signings but I feel not enough to either match/better last years position.

MarkPaterson

I am just going to post my 1-20, no english club will lay a glove on Barcelona or PSG in the Champions League.

Ill give my reasoning to these places after

1 - Man City
2 - Liverpool
3 - Arsenal
4 - Chelsea
5 - Everton
6 - Man Utd
7 - West Ham
8 - Tottenham
9 - Fulham
10 - Wolves
11 - Watford
12 - Leicester
13 - Southampton
14 - Bournemouth
15 - Crystal Palace
16 - Burnley
17 - Brighton
18 - Huddersfield
19 - Cardiff
20 - Newcastle

17th-20th I dont think there is much between them, Newcastle tried to wheel and deal through the window and shipped out a few key players, bought relegated players from last season. 3 teams came up from last season and I feel Wolves and Fulham have strengthened considerably thats why Cardiff are in the bottom 3 and Huddersfield scraped through last season and I think other teams around them are stronger.

11th-16th. Start off with Burnley who scored less goals that a side that was relegated last year. They fluked their 7th place and watching them against a tin pot team like Aberdeen I can see how. Palace might shock me, held on to Zaha who helped them get more points in their side than on the sidelines so this might prove crucial. Bournemouth and Southampton will finish within 3 points of each other just feel this is standard for these 2. Leicester losing Mahrez will be tough on them but holding on to Harry Maguire could be key to them moving up the table rather than down. For Watford I never seen much of them in the window so cannot really comment on them

5th-10th. Fulham and Watford have done the best business other than Everton to me and have stamped their authority in staying up. Both will finish in the top 10 easily. Spurs? Where the hell do I start, no movements in the window, 9 players still in pre season training and the league starts tomorrow and a manager who is frustrated with his board (Sounds like Celtic) 8th is me being nice because they actually have a good team just a few improvements and depth was needed. West Ham started their window as they meant to go on, got a class manager in Pellegrini and have made some good signings. If Wilshere stays fit I think he will be a POTY contender, Could surprise some people. Mourinho will be sitting around 10th and will be sacked at the end of January. He knew he needed a quality centre back and left it to this week to do so, forcing the hands of Giants in the continent, again 6th is me being generous.  Everton have also made moves in the window improving consdierably in needed positions but probably could have done with another Central Defender. I really hope they make a mark this season and get into Europe.

Top 4. Start of with the Top 2, City never needed to improve, did everything last season. Ran away with the league and improved where needed. Liverpool have bought where they needed to strengthen and kept onto the trio up front which will be class for them. Will be interesting to see what comes of this tasty top of the table clash. Arsenal have also made a lot of improvement and probably have the best squad, Will Emery be able to gel them quickly for City in the first game of the season? Chelsea was a hard one. Watchign them last Sunday they needed a lot of work but I suppose it is transition.

Winners:

League - Man City
FA Cup - Liverpool
League Cup - Liverpool

Champions League Competitors
Man City - Semi Finals
Man Utd - Quarter Finals
Tottenham - Group Stage
Liverpool - Quarter Finals

Europa League Compeitiors
Arsenal - Winners
Chelsea - Semi Final
Burnley - Qualifiers

Edited by MarkPaterson
Hit enter too early
  • Like 1

SILVER8Knight

Noa the window has shut, Ill chan

On 07/08/2018 at 10:50, SILVER8Knight said:

Top spot I can only see Liverpool and Man City and the other as runner up.

Next 4 places will be contested by Man Utd (Id like to say they would be going for top 2 places), Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Everton may be contesting here.

I can see Wolves, West Ham and Fulham finishing mid table.

Relegation contenders, Cardiff (as of yet no signings made or not many) for sure, Burnley may get dragged into it if they progress in the Europa League, they could pull some transfers out of the bag in the next few days. Newcastle have made some signings but I feel not enough to either match/better last years position.

Now the window has shit, Il change my predictions. The players everton have brought in they definitley will be aiming for 3rd to 6th. I can see Wolves and Fulham knocking on the back door of the top 8 teams maybe even top 6 teams.

TheIronChimp

I think Man City and Liverpool will take the top two spots with Man City netting the title.

I think the other two champions league spots will be taken by Arsenal and either Spurs or Chelsea. Man Utd will finish outside the top four with Mourinho walking at some point or at the end of the season. Everton will push close but i dont think they will hit the top 4 this season.

At the other end i see Huddesfield suffering second season syndrome and going down. Cardiff are more than likely to finish last. Finally it will be either Newcastle or Brighton to go down. Newcastle will certainly be flirting with relegation at some point.

SILVER8Knight
12 hours ago, SILVER8Knight said:

Noa the window has shut, Ill chan

Now the window has shit, Il change my predictions. The players everton have brought in they definitley will be aiming for 3rd to 6th. I can see Wolves and Fulham knocking on the back door of the top 8 teams maybe even top 6 teams.

Apologies for saying the s word there, wasn't intentional.

Relegatoon contenders

Newcastle purely for not enough signings

Cardiff as above, they may do mediocre until the christmas transfer window where they could sign some players to survive the drop.

Crystal palace, they've  signed Jordan Ayew amd the guy from West Ham, not sure its enough to keep them up when everyone else has improved.