Welcome to Xbox Society

Xbox Society is an adults only gaming community. We operate a casual, laid back approach because we appreciate that when you factor in family, work etc.. you might not get a lot of time on your beloved xbox and gaming hobby so the time you spend here needs to be hassle free and fun.

We have plenty of events and leagues running, you can create your own blog and even your own club (just like on xbox live) and add forums, calendars to it
Register

Rocket League Championships

Join in our monthly League. It's a 2v2 format, play with an AI or Human team mate
PC gamers are welcome to take part as well

Time Trialling with our Tour De Horizon Event

Time Trialling with a difference on Forza Horizon 3
PC gamers are welcome to take part

Golf Tours featuring The Golf Club 1 and 2

Why not waste an electronic walk and get invovled in the XBSGA Tours featuring The Golf Club 1 and 2
Sign in to follow this  
KPDub

Rate the Last Movie you watched

KPDub    107

Ain't got one of these yet.

Not watched a film in a while, but last one I watched was Everest, true story, good cast, really enjoyed it

KPDub    107

Okay so going to talk about the three super hero films I watched in the last week, my comments will no doubt annoy some of you who are really into your comics :)

Wasn't sure what to expect here, felt to me like its one of those that you see the best bits in the trailers and on reflection I think I was right.  Despite a good performance from Margot Robbie as Harleyquinn and Will Smith as Dead Shot, the rest of the characters were easily forgettable.  Didn't see enough of Leto as The Joker, some bits he seemed good, others I'm not sure of.    The film though was let down by what I felt was a rather weak story line that seemed to be action movie standard scripting.

As entertainment goes it certainly wasnt' wasted time, it was enjoyable, but not something I'd be racing to watch again.

Was really looking forward to this, but ended up a bit disappointment as the story disappeared and it turned into a childish pissing contest between Iron Man and Captain America.   Felt like it was back in the days of the movie studio wars when they both have the same idea for a film and trying to out do each other (Armageddon v Deep Impact, Antz v Bugs Life etc..) so this felt like it was like their version of Batman V Superman or maybe the batman film was their version of this?

It just felt like a poorly put together filler movie and it felt like a lot of the issues this movie tried to deal with, would have been better served being handled in the Agents of Shield show.  I've never been a fan of the Captain America films, they weren't as good as Iron Man or Thor.   

There are some positives though, Spiderman was good and so was Black Panther although he didn't get much screen time.   But overall a poor excuse to cram as many superheros onto the screen at one time as possible.  Makes me concerned for the quality of the Infinity Wars films, hoping this isn't an incite into that and its a failing on the director and writers part.

Watched this out of curiosity after watching Suicide Squad and also there was f*ck all else on TV :lol:  Thought before I watched it that it wouldn't be very good and was a poor attempt at replicating the Avengers success.

How wrong I was.

Of the three, I enjoyed this one the most.     I like that Batman is a lot darker in this film, all that "I won't kill anyone" bullshit seems to be out of the window.    The story was good and flowed well.   Jesse Eisenberg was excellent as Lex Luthor and was the first good and believable  "villain" on a superhero film since Heath Ledger played the Joker.   

It had a couple of cheesy moments and the obligatory moment where our heros lose faith before receiving that rousing speech that leads into the finale.   But overall this film was very good and has converted me from someone who wasn't going to bother with these films, to someone who is now looking forward to the Justice League film

ITSJUSTGlenn    74

Watched Assassins Creed The Movie last night

Not a bad movie, good special effects, but a short film at 1hr 40m and very similar to the 1st game, but looks like they are hoping to do a 2nd.

Give it a 7/10

Awards

SwitchingOne    22

Watched Sully last week, needs no explanation, Tom Hanks play a good part in another true story.

Worth a watch

KPDub    107

Inferno - 5/10

Very disappointed with this.  They totally rewrote the ending so it was nothing like the book, why can't hollywood have a film end on a bad note

Dispicable Me 3 - 7/10

Took the boy to the movies (his first experience).  A lot of 80s references in this, but the storyline was a bit poor, too many threads for me, needed to lose a couple to focus more on the rest of the story.  Still, childish minion comedy though

Dr Strange - 6/10

I enjoyed watching it, but felt half way through and at the end "oh just another superhero film".  Didn't do anything different from the others, usual story of charachter going on a journey to find himself, restore his faith, that internal battle with evil before saving the day.   Felt like a cross between Green Lantern and Inception

Loodychris    14

Dunkirk - 7/10

I Enjoyed the historic aspect of the film, my grandad was captured by the Nazis at Dunkirk so I was hoping that the film would do those soldiers proud but it didn't quite deliver for me.

Some reviews stated that it's an all out war movie that is heavily focused on action but, for me, that just isn't the case. If someone says "heavily action focused war movie", I think of Saving Private Ryan or We Were Soldiers (different scenarios, I know).

The guys on that beach went through more than what is depicted in this film and I found that to be a bit disappointing. I Know a film can never truly portray what it's really like to be at war but I just hoped it would show more than what it did.

Very well made film (typical Nolan) but I personally wanted more from it.

Awards

ITSJUSTGlenn    74

Watched the film version of Baywatch with Dwayne Johnson. Very cheesy film with a few references to the tv series, but found myself enjoying it. :lol:

7/10

Awards

o0 Bresy 0o    2

Watched valerian last night and thought it was great. I think it's getting slammed in the review stakes and the cinema was empty but I thought it was well worth a watch. Not sure if it's because I'm a sci-fi action fan or that I've not read the comics for the film to ruin it but for me it's a 8/10

I could actually post here weekly.  The last movie I saw was Damnation Alley (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075909/).  It's a shitty 70's apocalypse movie where they have to travel across the US to the only known radio signal still alive.  Ironically from one place I used to live to another place I used to live.  3/10 - giant killer scorpions, no matter how badly done, are always worth a few points.

Awards