Welcome to Xbox Society

Xbox Society is an adults only gaming community. We operate a casual, laid back approach because we appreciate that when you factor in family, work etc.. you might not get a lot of time on your beloved xbox and gaming hobby so the time you spend here needs to be hassle free and fun.

We have plenty of casual and gaming events, you can create your own blog and even your own club (just like on xbox live) and add forums, calendars, galleries and blogs to it
Register

Rocket League Championships

Join in our monthly League. It's a 2v2 format, play with an AI or Human team mate
PC gamers are welcome to take part as well

Time Trialling with our Tour De Horizon Event

Time Trialling with a difference on Forza Horizon 3
PC gamers are welcome to take part

Golf Tours featuring The Golf Club 1 and 2

Why not waste an electronic walk and get invovled in the XBSGA Tours featuring The Golf Club 1 and 2
MrTUBESSSS

Anyone play CoD Much?

As the title says does anyone play CoD much? I hate IW but play MWR and recently started playing Ghosts again to get read for WW2.

If anyone fancies getting together for some games let me know.

Glenn has set up a club on here for COD too

I've not played these (MP wise) since MW2.  Got sick of the gameplay online.  Single player is good but I much prefer the original MW and my all time favourite shooter online COD2

Don't like COD as cannot get on with it online. Prob a very good game but I am dead more than alive. I like shooters but more of when your playing as a team rather than against each other. This is why I like Wildlands

I Have bought every Call of Duty game since COD 2 on the 360 and It's been a bit of a mixed bag.

MW3, AW & IW are the ones where I didn't enjoy the multiplayer and, other than 2 or 3, the campaigns have usually been crap.

I Was quite looking forward to WW2 initially but I cant say I have been impressed by any of the MP footage that I've seen. Obviously, I haven't played it so I will play the Beta and see what its like.

Sales figures for COD have been getting increasingly worse over the years and if it doesn't go well this year, god knows what they will do.

2 hours ago, Loodychris said:

I Have bought every Call of Duty game since COD 2 on the 360 and It's been a bit of a mixed bag.

MW3, AW & IW are the ones where I didn't enjoy the multiplayer and, other than 2 or 3, the campaigns have usually been crap.

I Was quite looking forward to WW2 initially but I cant say I have been impressed by any of the MP footage that I've seen. Obviously, I haven't played it so I will play the Beta and see what its like.

Sales figures for COD have been getting increasingly worse over the years and if it doesn't go well this year, god knows what they will do.

I don't think they have to worry about the sales figures for this one in all honesty. It will sell really well. People have wanted boots back on the ground since the first week of AW. Campaign will be good and the multiplayer looks fine, I only saw it when it was at E3 in a pre beta stage and it looked fine. Few changes from the beta and it will be good. 

The issue is what they do next year, I believe it's Treyarchs turn as they did BO3 I mean whatever they are making will already be 60-70% complete. I think they might go for a Vietnam area, it's one area they have never touched. 

This is also what people failed to realise about the last 3 games they have been jetpacks. When AW came out and people hated it each developer was too deep into production to stop BO3 and IW they had no choice. People thought they weren't listening but truth is they had all committed to a project to try something different and there was no backtracking after the first one as it was already too late for the next two. 

I hope they take a Vietnam turn on things.  Always found the subject interesting, one of my favourite book series is called Vietnam: Ground Zero.

I did play a vietnam game once where you had to do a series of patrols and base defences, was quite good fun.  I wonder if for any of the COD series they have the balls to go open world on it, kind of go like wildlands with missions in specific areas.

I felt I was throwing away my hard earned after MW2, bought the next 2 after that (also Black Ops), then thought, "enough is enough". I didn't like the fact that most of the maps were really small unlike a couple of the maps from MW2 which ruined the MP for me. 

Every year I get owned on CoD and say never again and every year I can't resist just trying it.  Given its got rid of jetpacks and gone back to an older setting, I'll probably dip my toe in again :P