Welcome to Xbox Society

Xbox Society is an adults only gaming community. We operate a casual, laid back approach because we appreciate that when you factor in family, work etc.. you might not get a lot of time on your beloved xbox and gaming hobby so the time you spend here needs to be hassle free and fun.

We have plenty of events and leagues running, you can create your own blog and even your own club (just like on xbox live) and add forums, calendars to it
Register

Rocket League Championships

Join in our monthly League. It's a 2v2 format, play with an AI or Human team mate
PC gamers are welcome to take part as well

Time Trialling with our Tour De Horizon Event

Time Trialling with a difference on Forza Horizon 3
PC gamers are welcome to take part

Golf Tours featuring The Golf Club 1 and 2

Why not waste an electronic walk and get invovled in the XBSGA Tours featuring The Golf Club 1 and 2
Loodychris

Football Discussion (2017/18 Season)

Loodychris    14

We have the prediction thread, the transfer thread and so I thought it would be good to have a separate thread to discuss the football season as it unfolds.

The Premier League starts tonight with us facing Leicester at the Emirates. We have won just one out the last 7 of our opening fixtures (so I read earlier) and I cant say I'm massively confident. We haven't looked too bad in pre-season and played some good stuff against Chelsea in the Community Shield but the league is much more hard fought.

We ended last season on a good run of form once Wenger decided to go for the 3 centre back with 2 wing back system that had worked so well for Chelsea and it then got us to FA Cup glory so I'm hoping we can keep that going but Leicester arent the easiest of teams to play and have looked good at times since Shakespear took over.

Awards

estronal210    7

It's good to see it all back.

Arsenal really ought to win this game. With half the team already unavailable, then the beast Kolasinac should be at the heart of the three man defence. Yes, he's more of an LB, but he has the steel that Arsenal have been missing for years. For me, he is the best option against the human U-Boat Vardy. Expect Lacca to have an absolute field day tonight.

KPDub    107

I expect Arsenal to win by at least three goals tonight

Loodychris    14

After that first half I'll be happy just to get a win. Shouldn't have gone 2-1 down really as we were well on top at that point. Looks like Leicester are playing the way they did the year they won the title. Sitting back and soaking up pressure then pelting forward when they get a chance to. Working quite well for them so far to be fair.

Awards

Loodychris    14

We really don't like doing things the easy way do we. Great to fight back and get the win but we can't carry on defending like that. 

Awards

KPDub    107

First half we were absolutely awful, never looked like learning our lessons from last season.  Of the back 5 (inc Mignolet) there is only Alexander-Arnold that doesn't look like a bomb scare.

No strength or creativity in midfield either, just sideways pass after sideways pass

Missed the first 20 mins of the second half (preparing my meat for tea tonight aiiiiiiiiiii) but pleasantly surprised by the scoreline, but expecting we were still shambolic

ITSJUSTGlenn    74

We have played really poorly, especially the centre backs, although 2 of the 3 Watford goals were offside. The need for defensive recruits needed now I think.

Awards

KPDub    107

Well yet more diabolical defending cost us three points, which to be fair based on the amount of the game i watched we didnt' deserve to win anyway.   Agree with Glenn, defenders needed, but we've been saying that for four or five seasons now.

Didn't thikn their first was offside, but their third was.   But you should play to the whistle in those circumstances and we had a chance to clear and Gini bottled it.   

ANDYW27    1

None of them were offside. Third one the ball didn't go forward until your keeper tried to punch it in. The need for defensive recruits was obvious in May :ohyeah:

Great start to the season anyway. Shite defending, loads of goals, Everton winning and Huddersfield top.

Loodychris    14

Quite a good opening weekend so far. Burnley coming up with the first shock result of the season

Awards

KPDub    107
23 hours ago, ANDYW27 said:

None of them were offside. Third one the ball didn't go forward until your keeper tried to punch it in. The need for defensive recruits was obvious in May :ohyeah:

Originally watched it on a dodgy stream where it looked offside, watched it back on MOTD and the pass wasn't forward you are right.  I think where the confusion / issue comes from (inc the first goal Watford scored) is that a player in each could be determined as interfering / affecting play.   But it really depends on which way the wind blows and which side of bed a ref gets out of as to how this rule is applied I think.

They really need to make the offside rule a lot more black and white, all these things about was they or werent' they affecting play causes these issues

xPoundyx    61

I believe it should go back to the days when any player offside when the ball is played forward is blown for offside. The amount of times you see top players walking back from an offside position only to stand still, allow the ball to go past them the to become active again. 

Awards

KPDub    107

United win by four and the pundits and sky falling over themselves to give United the trophy now.

neville banging on about them, they must win the title like they have the right to it, do me a favour. United are now like we(Liverpool) were , thinking cos they won a couple of cups, the title will follow. As a Liverpool fan let down by many false dawns, I'd get ready for a poor league season United fans, I still stand by what I said last year, mourinho will be gone in two seasons

United fan here. I'll try to keep it civil. 

Yes West Ham were crap, but if you're saying you didn't think that much of United's performance, I can only assume you never watched the full game and only caught the highlights? I thought it was a strong performance from United. Easily one of their best performances for years, albeit, like I said against a poor West Ham team, but you can only beat what's put in front of you, and on that, it was job done. On to the next. 

Matic looks like he will make a huge difference for us this year. Definitely the sort of player we have needed for a while imo.

Thought it was a great opening weekend to the season. Can't wait to see how it unfolds. 

KPDub    107

Not watched MOTD2 so can't say whether they were good or not.

A very interesting opening weekend, a few surprises and a few things that haven't really changed.    Whilst I think the transfer window should close at the end of July, I think a few teams will be making some last minute purchases to rectify perceived and actual poor performances.

I'm expecting Chelsea  and Liverpool to go after a new CB, most likely VVD

Liverpool to go after a new CDM

United to go after Bale or Ronaldo

Arsenal to do nothing

Spurs to eventually move for someone, but I aren't really sure where they need strengthening

Loodychris    14

It's true though. Arsenal won't do a damn thing. Wenger has probably sat up every night convincing himself that the current squad is good enough to challenge for the title because we showed "great character" (aka got lucky) to beat Leicester the other day.

New season, same old crap :lol:

Awards

KPDub    107

Jeez, just seen our line up for the Hoffenheim game, exactly the same as for the Watford match.    But no doubt the players will be bang up for this game and will play their socks off (famous last words)

Jokes aside, just going off the first match of the season it is a worrying trend carried over from last season of not being up for the lesser games and not playing with the same intensity as they do for the big teams.  But christ for our sake, if we managed to get up for the lesser teams I'd put us favourites for the league, but it won't happen so I'll keep myself amused by dreaming :)

KPDub    107

All over the place at the back in the first 15.   Worst penalty I've ever seen by Hoffenheim.  Lovren lucky he only gave away one so far, should have been a pen earlier where the ball hit his arm (under the current vague rules of what is or isn't handball)

KPDub    107

Very entertaining first half, a cracking free kick by Alexander-Arnold, never thought he had that in his locker and if he did very surprised he was allowed to, would have thought the more senior players would have taken it.

End to end game, god knows how it isn't at least 2-2.  There will be more goals here I think if it continues in this way.  Hoffenheim are a very good team

KPDub    107

Good game in the end, could have been 4 each easily.  Nicely poised for the return leg hopefully we can see the job through

Medics    24
20 hours ago, KPDub said:

Very entertaining first half, a cracking free kick by Alexander-Arnold, never thought he had that in his locker and if he did very surprised he was allowed to, would have thought the more senior players would have taken it.

Apparently, after Coutinho he is the man. The players said that he does it in training all the time