Welcome to Xbox Society

Xbox Society is an adults only gaming community.  We operate a casual, laid back approach because we appreciate that when you factor in family, work etc.. you might not get a lot of time on your beloved xbox and gaming hobby so the time you spend here needs to be hassle free and fun.

We have plenty of casual challenges and competitions, coupled with weekly gaming events and a friendly, vibrant community
Register
Society Latest
  • 12 Days of XBS coming soon
estronal210

Is the Force strong with this one?

Now that SW: BF2 has been available on EA Access for the past few days, I just wanted to spark a debate on what the XBS opinion on the game is.

To start the ball rolling I wanted to say that I am very impressed with the single player campaign so far. I know there is only 3 missions available, and I've done the first two only, but it looks and feels like the business. There are times that it isn't immediately clear what needs to be done or where it has to be done in, but these are minor grips and can be levelled at any game to be honest. I'm really looking forward to carrying on the full single player mode and, so far at least, it is definitely worth another play through. For my money, Battlefront 2 is shaping up to be the best game of the year. Not had a go with the multiplayer yet, and not likely to until the full release.

Maybe I can't wait to see what other opinions there are, but still have a bad feeling about this :ohyeah:

Was keenly interested in this played the trial its really good but I cancelled my order when I saw what EA are doing with micrtransactions pretty much making them compulsary. Wont support these sorts of buying half a game and half hidden away behind a paywall. Its had the most dislikes on a reddit thread ever by a multiplication of 10 of the previous worst. Shame as the game that Dice built is great but EA have killed it. Averaging a 6 review because of how bad the problem is. Ill pick it up on EA Access in 8-9 months for nothing and save 50 quid

The game is fun, looks & sounds incredible. Judging by the reviews I have read, the Single player is pretty bad and very short. I Haven't played any of it so cant comment on that.

The main issue is what Dice have been forced to do by EA regarding the loot crates. They claim to be listening and have reduced the costs of Heroes like Vader from 60,000 to 15,000 credits but that does nothing for the pay to win element with the loot crates.

Personally, I have no issue with loot crate micro-transactions if its only cosmetic items that don't affect the gameplay experience but what they have done here is just plain bullshit and needs addressing..... fast!!

25 minutes ago, ITSJUSTGlenn said:

Seems they have now disabled the pay to win side of things, you now unlock the heroes by playing the game through.

Im gonna hold off its been temporaily and wait and see if they remove the pay to win or are they just trying to save launch weekend sales

2 hours ago, ITSJUSTGlenn said:

Seems they have now disabled the pay to win side of things, you now unlock the heroes by playing the game through.

Sadly, that's not the Pay to Win element that people are complaining about.

Its the Star Cards which boost your characters abilities by quite a considerable margin that seem to be the problem.

Also, there has been reports floating around of a match making system that purposefully puts lower ranked players in with higher levelled players that have a lot of the good stuff equipped as its more likely to make you want that stuff and then start paying out money for loot crates as a result.

If true, that's shocking.

16 minutes ago, Loodychris said:

Sadly, that's not the Pay to Win element that people are complaining about.

Its the Star Cards which boost your characters abilities by quite a considerable margin that seem to be the problem.

Also, there has been reports floating around of a match making system that purposefully puts lower ranked players in with higher levelled players that have a lot of the good stuff equipped as its more likely to make you want that stuff and then start paying out money for loot crates as a result.

If true, that's shocking.

You still Buy the Star Cards but it's with ingame Credits now what they have done is put a stop to Buying the Crystals with Real Money to get the star cards as for the Matchmaking Rumour that's not Battlefront 2 that's Activision Still not sure how True they are maybe people who have played MP on WW2 will know better

Yes but there are rumours going around about that system being in this game.

So they have now stopped Micro transactions on a temporary basis but the issue of loot boxes remains. Get rid of them.

Or make it so that they only contain cosmetics and make the character improving star cards available for completing in-game tasks. Get 50 kills with Assault class to Unlock this Assault Card etc

As for WW2, the game doesn't have any P2W elements as far as i'm aware. It has gun variants but all they do is give more XP rather than having improved range or damage stats etc

5 hour campaign and pay to win and abuse of loot crates  etc only EA could have such a vast universe to work with and make a game that averages 6/10 on most sites. This desperate attempt to save launch weekend I hope failed and EA and other greedy companys have learned a lesson that gamers aint here to be milked.

Yeah, its basically a £50 game with a loot crate business model taken from a free to play game.

Its good that they have disabled micro transactions but I'm not a fan of the star card progression/ level system. Even IGN have only given the game a 6.5 mainly because of that very system. That and they weren't very impressed by the campaign.

It's a shame because the game looks/ sounds incredible and from what I've played of the multiplayer in the EA Access trial, its really fun to play as well. They claim to be listening and will be making changes to the game in due course. 

Both versions are currently sat at 71 on Metacritic which isn't a complete disaster but probably nowhere near what they were hoping for. That said, Im not sure how well the game is done in terms of sales though. Being Star Wars its probably sold quite well.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.