Welcome to Xbox Society

Xbox Society is an adults only gaming community.  We operate a casual, laid back approach because we appreciate that when you factor in family, work etc.. you might not get a lot of time on your beloved xbox and gaming hobby so the time you spend here needs to be hassle free and fun.

We have plenty of casual challenges and competitions, coupled with weekly gaming events and a friendly, vibrant community
Register
Society Latest
  • 12 Days of XBS coming soon

I thought I would post something about the X now that I have one maybe to help people decide on if they should pay out for it or keep with the S.  I will try to keep it basic but any questions people have let me know.

• First of all the console itself, looks identical to the Xbox One S but finally it is now in black. It is heavier than the S but not a huge difference. Controller is nice but nothing stands out compared to the controllers already used however will be using my Elite Controller so this will just sit as a spare.

• Setup is exactly the same although I did like the  little feature when downloading the update you could log onto a website and set your settings for your console. Although this wouldn’t of taken much time to do it was a nice touch that you could be actually doing something whilst waiting for it to update.

• When all done I was hoping when it booted up I would get the wow factor. This was not forthcoming but quickly worked out why. My console display settings were to 1080p. I am not sure if this is standard as would of thought the system would of automatically selected the best picture but when I selected 4K I held my breath and waited to accept the settings. All I can say from that point was WOW! The dashboard (home) looked crisp, text more clear and for me with poor eyesight I could read everything clearly instead of squinting to read. At this point I was thinking things were looking good. However the size of some of the downloads to run 4K makes the 1TB drive pointless. Surely a minimum would be 2GB. However for myself not an issue as have a 4tb hard drive but might be worth investing if you don’t have one before buying the X.

• Games Games Games, end of the day this is what we use the Xbox for isn’t it. So far only played a few laps on Forza 7 which is supposed to be the flagship game for the new console. It does not disappoint, quality images great graphics and runs smoothly. I am very impressed with how it has turned out. Honestly seeing Videos does not do it justice. I hope to play a few more games to try but really happy with the outcome.

• Overall it is a better console, it clearly is better graphics than what we have had. Although is it worth £450? If you have a 4K tv then it may be worth looking into as you will not be disappointed however if you don’t have one then keep with the S. To spend over a grand for a new tv and the console itself it is not worth it.

Inwould give it 4 out of 5 with the only thing not givIng it a full 5 is the price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm impressed with it also. Very surprised how halo 5 looks and plays. But the issue u have is I'm having to wait till people return in bed before I can play anything as the 4k TV is our main TV. I use to have it on my 1080p gaming monitor in my corner but I'm worried I'll miss out if I put it on the monitor but will have more game time 

8 hours ago, SILVER8Knight said:

Thanks for that, im still undecided whether to get 1, not that I have a 4k tv yet so not much point.

They say it should still improve 1080p quality and unless I have missed it I don’t think Rocket League is 4K but looked very crisp last night. But for the small change I would not rush out unless you own a 4K TV

1 hour ago, Solid slug 84 said:

I'm impressed with it also. Very surprised how halo 5 looks and plays. But the issue u have is I'm having to wait till people return in bed before I can play anything as the 4k TV is our main TV. I use to have it on my 1080p gaming monitor in my corner but I'm worried I'll miss out if I put it on the monitor but will have more game time 

Benefits of having two Xbox systems plus wife being pregnant so she goes to bed early 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Devils Gargoyle said:

Benefits of having two Xbox systems plus wife being pregnant so she goes to bed early 👍🏻

Yeah I miss those days. Although my missus goes to bed between 8 and 9 and I'm up till half 11 which is no good when I have work at 5 

12 hours ago, Solid slug 84 said:

This is the main reason I'm not getting one.   Convincing my wife to get a 4k TV is one thing, but asking her if she would kindly disappear whilst I play on the xbox is quite another, the other alternative would be to purchase two 4k tvs and that ain't happening anytime soon, unless Black friday sees TV prices drop incredibly and have bogof deals on em

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.