Welcome to Xbox Society

Xbox Society is an adults only gaming community.  We operate a casual, laid back approach because we appreciate that when you factor in family, work etc.. you might not get a lot of time on your beloved xbox and gaming hobby so the time you spend here needs to be hassle free and fun.

We have plenty of casual challenges and competitions, coupled with weekly gaming events and a friendly, vibrant community
Register
Sign in to follow this  
estronal210

New Transfer Window Rumours

It's silly (mid) season once again. The January transfer window is now open and already there have been some wild rumours and speculation. Heard anything to make you go "WOW!"? Bung it in here. Whether or not it's true or published in The Sun makes hardly any difference. 

VVD, good defender but not £75m, however Liverpool are desperate and looks as though they were going to pay whatever to get him so well done to Southampton in getting that price.

Honestly I would of been looking at Jonny Evans from WBA. He is just as good in my opinion and would think the price would be well shorter.

Anyway, not many transfer whispers I have heard from other teams however from my teams point of view I have heard Olivera off to Wolves and Cameron Jerome off to either Cardiff or Birmingham. As these are the two only strikers we have currently I cannot see either one going. The fact the strikers are crap this season and cannot hit the target but rather have a striker on the books then non at all.

Ridiculous fee for VVD.  A good defender, but not at that price.   For that money, I now fully expect a team leader, no one gets passed him, he makes no mistakes, he owns every striker he plays against

I don't blame VVD for the price, I hold our owners and manager accountable.  If you pay that much for a player, there is no expectation they will "settle into it", I fully expect the finished article, playing awesome week in week out, otherwise keep if anything less is acceptable, should have kept money in their pockets

I wonder if LFC are going to pursue action against Nike and Barca for the continued tapping up of Coutinho?  Releasing an advert advising you to buy coutinho barca shirts, marketing fuck up on Nikes part that - I'm sure our shirt maker will be itching to do them to imporve their own brand standing - but it is embarressing Barcas pursuit of Coutinho - 200m for me, straight cash or no sale

For the record, I don't think he will go in January, probably not even at all, Barca don't have that kind of dosh and our owners are meant to dislike all these clauses of potential bonuses based on performance, they want cold hard cash

Well guess I was wrong on him going.  Good price for him though, but let's hope that a large percentage of that is cash and none of this incentive rubbish.

Either way, I still hope now the deal is done that we go after them for tapping up, I have no idea how Barca continually get away with it, 3rd time for us now they have tapped our players up (Mascherano, Suarez and Coutinho) using various methods from social media, ex and current players, sponsors, even the managers and barca chairman themselves.

Not just us either effected, their shameless pursuit of Fabregas, not to mention Henry and Larsson.   Why to UEFA / FIFA continually turn a blind eye to their behaviour?   IF it was an English club we would have been done.

I dont think our owners are in it for the money as per above picture, I fully expect that money to be reinvested sensibly though and no panic buys.   Not happy we are linked with Mahrez who I think is a lazy player and nowhere near worth the £50m being touted.   Not sure about this Lemar either with the silly figures touted, doing well in the French league is one thing, the prem is another. 

TBH, I'd quite like to see Woodburn get a go, I do think this boy has some talent and given a run I think he could flourish

Now that their usual shameless manhunt has been done, looks like Ivan Rakitic wants out of Barca. Two clubs have been linked with signing him. One, naturally of course, will happily let their fraudulent out of touch head-up-his-own-arse accountant to sit on both thumbs - doing what he does best (ie: f-all) while the other has Champions League football and £140m hanging around.

Hmmm. I wonder who Rak might sign for...

Yeah if I was Wenger, I'd cash in on Sanchez and Ozil this window, if they were going to sign a new contract, it would have happened already, same for Wilshere, who on his day can be brilliant, but (much like Sturridge for us) he seems to be made of glass and spends far too much time on the treatment table.

Could get £75m for those thre , plus the £12m you got for Coquilen and could realistically get some good players for that 87m, round it up to 100m (with an arm twist) and I think that money would buy you;

David Luiz (Chelsea) - 20m to 40m

Turan (Barcelona) - 10m

Evans (West Brom) - 20m

Rakitic / Rafinha (Barcelona) maybe both - 15m to 30m

But all the above would strenghten the Arsenal team and (other than Evans) would bring that flair and skill associate with Arsenal

Like he did with Lemar in the summer.

Bid £92m for him just before he was due to play for France and left him no chance to think about it or to convince him that it's the right move.

Instead he relied on Giroud, Lacazette and Koscielny going Into his hotel room and trying to convince the player for him.

Arsenal squad needs such a mass overhaul now, it's ridiculous.

Lots of rumours regarding 3 more out and 3 in for Arsenal.

3 Out:

Debuchy

Walcott

Alexis

3 In:

Evans

Malcom

Aubameyang

Not really sure about Evans but would be happy with the other 2 as replacements for Alexis and Theo.

Now, If Gazidis and Kroenke would kindly piss off as well!