Sgt Sharkey

Sea of Thieves (XBOX Games Pass)

Sgt Sharkey

3b9907bf-92ef-46e4-9a02-ecbd453252cc.jpg

Following the update coming to Xbox Games Pass, the release of Xbox exclusives and produced games will be available from launch. 

But one thing that cam to me reading a post from games-radar, is that Sea of Thieves will be in the pass from launch.

Saving me £50 and I can play from launch, I cannot wait to get my sea legs and blowing people down.

Aaarrgghhh!!!!

I will certainly be playing this watching over 2 hours of game play so far and I can see a lot of fun coming from this.

Who else will becoming a jolly roger???

M J Pound

I played the beta and didn’t get what I was supposed to do. Just chucked onto a boat and away you go. No outline to say do this or do that. In the end just sailed around until turned it off.

Thibkncould be a good game with friends but would not rush out and buy for £50

SwitchingOne

Not even looked at this, don't have game pass as I wouldn't get the use out of it. Not a game I would buy either. 

KPDub

I'm unsure whether this appeals.  I like the concept of being a pirate, it's nice to get away from modern or futuristic shooters and that ilk.  But must admit I've heard a few bad things about this.  I'm concerned its just going to be GTA on the high seas

If I happen to pick up a game pass and this is on there, then I will give it a go.   

WhiteHartMart

This appeals to me - but only if in a group (which I've yet to try apart from briefly with randoms).  In Solo its just a bit dull imo but in a group with comms etc it will come alive imo.

UKCowboy74

DreamcastGuy on youtube has it spot on with this Vid from what I've heard from people as not tried it myself but I have Pre-Ordered

Sgt Sharkey
32 minutes ago, UKCowboy74 said:

DreamcastGuy on youtube has it spot on with this Vid from what I've heard from people as not tried it myself but I have Pre-Ordered

I agree after playing with @Devils Gargoyle it was more interesting. They need to look at spawning and ship spawn. Because we spawned next to the same people who killed us every time and same for the ship. I think if we die and ship sinks. Resplendent neatest outpost. 

M J Pound

Yeah was stupid with the spawning issue that spoilt it for me. You spawn back on your boat where other pirates are already there and kill you as soon as you appear. Like the video I don’t see me playing it by myself but together as a group yes. Just need to figure out what I am doing. Keep slipping between compass, map ect takes to long when you don’t understand how to do it. Maybe the full game will have a tourtorial so you can practice before hitting the high seas

Sgt Sharkey

Sea of Thieves final beta is an open beta get downloading for pirate plundering this weekend only before launch.

M J Pound

Be good to get us all on 👍

KPDub

Had a quick bash on my own on the beta.   Changed my mind about the game, seems very interesting, but obviously needs to be played with friends.

Can you have a fleet or at least spawn on the same map - so for example if there are 6 of you you can all either get on the same ship, or four of you on one and two on the other?

estronal210

Had a go last night with Sharkey and Matt. Interesting game; started in the brig, shot out of a cannon and playing with sharks. We did all sail the same ship before it was scuttled

M J Pound
1 hour ago, KPDub said:

Had a quick bash on my own on the beta.   Changed my mind about the game, seems very interesting, but obviously needs to be played with friends.

Can you have a fleet or at least spawn on the same map - so for example if there are 6 of you you can all either get on the same ship, or four of you on one and two on the other?

I am not sure, not had enough friends online to try this

UKCowboy74

Not sure about Friends Spawning on the same Map but here's a Vid of  a Group having a Laugh and other people joining them for some Laughs on their Ship

DireW0IfNymeria

I have downloaded this using the Game Pass, but not actually tried it yet

M J Pound

My opinion has not changed on it, love the game when playing co-op however find it boring by myself. Doesn’t help that when on your own you don’t stand a chance against others. 

Therefore I will pick up when on offer however when my trial month ends will probably put my sail up and moor my boat.

KPDub

I enjoy the game, as above its better with friends.  You can do bits on your own, but its a bit boring.   Split screen co-op would have been brilliant

UKCowboy74

Still haven't managed to get on and at this rate everyone will be top lvl and there will be me lvl 1 lol

Sgt Sharkey

If your on and see one of us on it or about just get in party and we will sail the seas together :) 

M J Pound

Just picked up off eBay for £15, lady selling as purchased a Xbox rhatvcame with the game but to old for her son, had it on a auction but asked what she would accept if I purchased now. £15 in my eyes is a bargain 👍

• Like 1

Sgt Sharkey

nice!

:up: